Changed eating habits and their patterns, busy schedules with abnormal –stressed lifestyle, inadequate sleeps are the reason behind growing vaat vyadhi in nowdays.
आहार संभवं वस्तु रोगाश्चहार संभवं:॥ (च.सू.२८/४५) acharya Charaka has mentioned that due to ahara only vyadhi is occurring. Tridoshas, which are vata,pitta and kapha are called as the ‘Tristhuna’ by acharyas. Among the three, vata is most important one. Vata is the only dosha which is responsible for vitiation of other two doshas as well as the dhatus and malas. It is also said that pita and kapha are pangu without involvement of vata. There are 80 type of vaatvyadhi nanatmaja explained by acharya charak. Sandhigata vata (OA) is commonest vata vyadhi. Current OA treatment is limited and largely confined to symptom management or total joint replacement. There is call for a shift towards helping OA patients to self manage their condition. So, pathya (diet) factor can help vaat vyadhi patients in their day today life to get rid of OA symptoms which inhibit their daily activities.AIM: To study and evaluate the Role of Pathya Apathya for vaat vyadhi in Today`s Era. MATERIALS AND METHODS: All the ayurvedic classics and modern text along with journals, electronic databases, pubmed, has been thoroughly searched. The study was conducted with making list of food or lifestyle changes of today`s era, which will end up in manifestation of vaatvyadhi.
2) Yadavji thrikamji Acharya (2013) (eds.) Charakasamhita Sutrasthana 28/45, Chowkambha surabharathi prakashan.
3) Yadavji thrikamji Acharya (2013) (eds.) Charakasamhita Chikitsasthana 30/332, Chowkambha surabharathi prakashan.
4) Dr. anant ram Sharma (2012) (eds.) susruta samhita sutrasthan 15/41, chowkambha surabharathi prakashan.
5) Dr. anant ram Sharma (2012) (eds.) susruta samhita sutrasthan 46/459,chowkambha surabharathi prakashan.
6) Yadavji thrikamji Acharya (2013) (eds.) Charakasamhita sutrasthan 25/45, Chowkambha surabharathi prakashan.
7) Dr.subhash ranade (2005) (eds.) Ashtang Sangraha sutrasthan 4/60, Anmol prakashan pune -2
8) Dr.Ganesh krushna garde (2009) (eds.) sarth vagbhata sutrasthan 4/23, Chowkambha surabharathi prakashan.
9) http//saspublisher.com/wp wpcontent/uploads/2013/04sjams12101-110.pdf