Introduction – Study of Kala is important in study of human physiology along with anatomy. When either of two functions is disturbed pathology occurs & so for the treatment purpose, study of Kala is important1.
The correlation between Purishdharakala as Astidharakala has been mentioned in Sushrut Samhita by Dalhan commentary. This correlation has been considered at multiple instances in general learning & in usage of Ayurvedic treatment (both Shaman & Shodhan Karma) 2.
In Modern Science, Gastroenterologists many a times come across osteoporosis or osteopenia in patient with persistent gastrointestinal symptoms diseases. Gastrointestinal disorders can lead to significant impact on bone health 3.
This is an attempt to assess association between Osteoporosis & Gastrointestinal tract symptoms with reference to Purishdhara Kala as Asthidhara Kala concept.
The Knowledge of Purishdhara Kala Sa Eva Asthidhara Kala will throw light on the treatment Principles of Osteoporosis.
Aim – Conceptual study on Osteoporosis and Gastrointestinal Tract Symptoms with reference To Purishdhara Kala Sa Eva Asthidhara Kala
Objectives – To Review Purishdhara Kala Sa Eva Asthidhara Kala in both Ayurvedic and modern text.
Material and Methods – All the Ayurvedic and Modern literature and contemporary texts including websites will be reviewed.
Discussion – The review of Purishdhara Kala as Asthidhara kala from the purview of modern aspect will be discussed.
Conclusion – Proper conclusions related to the conceptual study on osteoporosis and gastrointestinal tract symptoms with reference to Purishdhara Kala Sa Eva Asthidhara Kala will be drawn.
Key Words – Purishdhara Kala, Asthidhara Kala, Osteoporosis
2. P.V.Sharma Caraka –Samhita (Vol1) Chaukhambha Orientalia 2008
3. Research Article by Carina Bertoldi Franco Osteoporosis in gastrointestinal diseasesTransl Gastrointest Cancer 2015;4 (1):57-68doi: 10.3978/j.issn.2224-4778.2014.08.01
4. Pradeep Kumar Moharana A text book of anatomy (volume two) Chaukhamba Sanskrit Pratishthan2009
5. VaidyaYadavji Trikamji Acharya Susruta Samhita with The Nibandhasangraha Commentary of Sri Dalhanacharya Chaukhamba Surbharati Prakashan 2014
6. Pt.Hari Sadasiva Sastri Paradakara Astangahrdaya of Vagbhata with the commentaries Sarvangasundara of Arundatta and Ayurvedarasayana of Hemadri Chaukhambha Surbharati Prakashan 2010
7. P.V. Sharma Susruta-Samhita (Vol-2) Chaukhamba Visva bharati 2001
8. Research Article by http://patients.gi.org/topics/common-gi-symptoms by American college of Gastroenterology.