Draksha Ghrita is a medicated ghee. Draksha ghrita is mainly used for cure of diseases related to pitta ,vata and Rakta. Draksha Ghrita is mentioned in Charak Samhita by Acharya Charaka. The main ingredients of drakshadi ghrita is Draksha i.e. (vitis vinifera)and cow ghee. The use of Draksha ghrita and its ingredients is well defined in Ayurvedic texts like Charak Samhita .This article is aimed to gather all the scientific research findings supporting the use of Draksha ghrita and its ingredients in the prevention, treatment and cure of various Pitta disorders. It possess various pharmacological activities like Anti-Anemic,Anti-Oxidant,Anti-ageing,anti-viral,anti-carcinogenic,Hepato protective and cardio protective. The aim of this article is to support the pharmacological potential of Draksha Ghrita and its ingredients with scientific result.
2. Kunte A .and Navare K.,Ashtang Hrudyam,Varanasi,Chaukhamba orientalis 1982,sutrasthan 5/42;pg 74.
3. ayurmedinfo.com,Dr.JV Hebbar,2015(cited 2017march 29)available from http://ayurmedinfo.com. view on 2 June 2019
4. http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/vitis_vinifera, assessed on :2 June 2019.
5. Dr.P .Srinivas Rao, Vagbhata's Ashtang Samgraha (Text with English Translation )volume -1 sutrasthan,chowkhambha krishnadas Academy Varanasi,first edition 2005,pg no 69.
6. Sharagdhara samhita ,sharngadhara,commented by Adamalla (Deepika),pandit parashurama shastri, varanasi chaukhambha orientalia publications 2008,madhyamkhand 9/1/3
7. Rani R,Kansalv study on cow ghee versus soyabean oil on 7,12-dimethylbenz@anthracene induced mammary carcinogenesis and expression of cyclooxygenase-2 and peroxisome proliferators activated recepter in rats Indian Jmed Res-2011 may/33.(497-503)
8. The Ayurvedic pharmacoeia of India-Government of India, Ministry of Health and family Welfare, Department of AYUSH;2001,volume I, pg 4-5,62,127-128.
9. A review on benifits of uses of vitis vinifera RRBS 7(5) vol-7 issue -5,2013 175-180.
10. Dr. Nidhi Garg, Dr.Akhil jain, ISSR,ISSN(Online)2319-7064,www.ijsr.net volume 6 issue 3 march 2017. view on 3 June 2019.
11. G.K.Jayprakasha,T.selvi,k.ksakariah;antibacterial and antioxidant activities of grape (vitis vinifera) seed extracts,food Res.int,36,117-122,2003.
12. Sharma P.C..Yelne M.B,Dennis T.J.,Data-base on medicinal plants used in Ayurveda ,vol-v,edi-1 central council for research in Ayurveda and siddha, New Delhi 2008,p.46.
13. http:/www.elements 4 health .com/grapes.htm/ date:3 June 2019 .