As per Prof. Michael Porter - Value is the only goal that can unite the interests of all system
participants. This review article describes background about the concept of holistic health,
the interrelation of the concept of Salutogenesis and Ayurvedic system of medicine to
improve the health by measures not restricted only for the diseased, but also for the healthy
and normal individuals. The implementation of proper methods and its practices for
maintenance of normal health and prevention of disease by the salutogenic approach will
lead in preventing pathogenesis at large. This comprehensive approach will have a direct
impact on the overall health status, covering the short term as well as long term implications
on the health of the human body and its effect on the ultimate result of being healthy.
Singer, P. N. https://plato.stanford.edu/archives/win2016/entries/galen
2. “What Does the Word "Psychosomatic" Really Mean? A Historical and Semantic
Inquiry”, Psychosomatic Medicine Vol. 46, No. 2 (March/April 1984) Z. J. Lipowski,
3. C. Y. Dakubo. Evolution Towards an Ecosystem Approach to Public Health. In:
Ecosystems and Human Health: A Critical Approach to Eco health Research and
Practice. Springer; p. 21–35. (DOI 10.1007/978-1-4419-0206-1_2; vol. 2).
4. Robert Koch - History Learning Site, C N Trueman. 17 Mar 2015.
5. Encyclopaedia Britannica. https://www.britannica.com/biography/Samuel-
6. Mittelmark MB, Bauer GF. The Meanings of Salutogenesis. Mittelmark MB, Sagy S,
Eriksson M, et al., editors, editor. The Handbook of Salutogenesis [Internet].
Springer; Sep 03, 2016.
7. Ayurveda Symposium - Ayurveda Symposium, Petra. http://www.ayurveda-
8. Salutogenic Design, Dominic Pote Fine Art Photography, Dominic Pote.
9. Vaidya Yadavaji Trikamji Acharya, 1981, The Charakasamhita of Agnivesha with
Ayurveda Dipika commentary, Sutra sthan Chapter 1, Verse 41, New Delhi,
Munshiram Manoharlal Publishers Pvt. Ltd.
10. Vaidya Yadavaji Trikamji Acharya, 1997, Sushrutsamhita of Sushruta with the
Nibandhasangraha commentary, Sutra sthan Chapter 15, Verse 41, Varanasi,
Chaukhamba Orientalia publication.
11. “Salutogenesis and Ayurveda: indications for public health management”, EPMA
Journal, 2011, Volume 2, Page 459. Antonio Morandi, Carmen Tosto, Paolo Roberti
di Sarsina, Dacia Dalla Libera. https://doi.org/10.1007/s13167-011-0132-8
12. WHO | Constitution of WHO: Principles. Sep 01, 2016.
13. “Salutogenesis and Ayurvedic Solutions for Coping with Stress”, P. Ram Manohar,
Annals of Ayurvedic Medicine Vol-5, Issue-3-4 Jul-Dec 2016.
14. “Better Value in Health Care Requires Focusing on Outcomes”, Harvard Business
Review. Caleb Stowell, Christina Akerman. September 17, 2015.