Agni is an important concept, which plays a major role in Āyurvda that influence all over the events of the body. The practical approach of the Agni in Āyurvda as a medical therapy is utilization in treatment. Agni reflects the status of the disease sthaulya, which matters to success of the treatment. In sthaulya samprapti, agni is vitiated which creates imbalance in dhatu specially formation of meda dhatu in excess. Hence it is important to understand the concept of “Agni” with respect to its physio- pathologic aspect and the role of “Agni” as a susceptible cause towards predisposition of “sthaulya” (obesity).
2. Yadavaji Trikamji, Caraka Samhita, (With the Ayurveda Dipika commentary), Varanasi, Chaukhamba Surbharati Prakashan, 1992.
3. Shri Narendranath Sengupta, Caraka Samhita, ( With Ayurved Dipika commentary by Chakrapanidatta & Jalpakalpataru by Shri Gangadhar), Varanasi, Chaukhamba Publication, 2002, Vol I, II, III, IV and V.
4. Vidyadhar Shukla and Ravidatta Thripathi, Caraka Samhita, Varanasi, Chaukhamba Surbharati Prakashan, 2002, Vol I & II.
5. Priyavata Sharma, Caraka Samhita, Varanasi, Chaukhamba Surbharati Prakashan, 1992, Vol I & II.
6. Y. G. Joshi, Caraka Samhita, Pune, Vaidya Mitra Prakashan, 2003, Vol I & II.
7. Moreshwar Vaidya D, Caraka Samhita, Mumbai, Vaibhav Prakashan, 1998, Vol I, II, III & IV.
8. Narendranathsen Gupta, Caraka Samhita, Varanasi, Chaukhamba Publication, 1999, Vol I & II.
9. Kashinath Shastri & Gorkhanth Chaturvedi, Caraka Samhita, Varanasi, Chaukhamba Bharti Academy, 1984, Vol I & II.
10. R. K. Sharma, Bhagwan Dash Caraka Samhita, Varanasi, Chaukhamba Sanskrit Series Office, 2008, Vol I to VI.
11. Vd. Harishchandra Singh Kushwaha, Caraka Samhita (with Hindi translation of Ayurveda Dipika Commentary) Varanasi, Chaukhamba Orientalia, 2009, Vol I & II.
12. Priyavata Sharma, Sushruta Samhita (with the Nibandhasangraha commentary), Varanasi, Chaukhambha Surabharati Prakashan, 2002.
13. Ambika Datta Shastri, Sushruta Samhita, Varanasi, Chaukhamba Sanskrit Sansthan, 2005, Vol I & II.
14. Priyavata Sharma, Sushruta Samhita, Varanasi, Chaukhamba orientalia, 1999, Vol I, II & III.
15. Shambunath Pandey Shastri, Sushruta Samhita, Varanasi, Krishnadasa Academy, 2001.
16. Lalchanda Shastri, Ashtanga Samgraha, Nagpur, Shri Baidyanath Ayurveda Bhavan Pvt Ltd, 1989, Vol I.
17. Govardhana Sharma Changani, Ashtanga Samgraha (sutrasthana), Delhi, Chaukhamba Sanskrita Pratishtana, 1992.
18. Subhash Ranade & G R Paranjape, Ashtanga Samgraha (sutrasthana), Pune, Anmol Prakashan, 1979.
19. Atrideva Gupta, Ashtanga Samgraha, Varanasi, Chaukhamba Krishnadasa Academy, 2005, Vol I & II.
20. Ravindra Tripathi, Ashtanga Samgraha (sutrasthana), Delhi, Chaukhamba Sanskrit Pratishtana, 2005.
21. Shrikantha Murthy K. R, Ashtanga Hrudaya, Varanasi, Chaukhamba Krishnadasa Academy, 2000, Vol I, II & III.
22. Dr. Anna Moreshwar Kunthe & Krishna Ramchandra Shastri Navre, Ashtanga Hradaya (with Sarvangasundara commentary by Arudatta & Ayurved Rasayana commentary by Hemadri), New Delhi, Rashtriya Sanskrita Samsthana, 2002.
23. G. K. Gadre, Sartha Vagbhata, Pune, Anmol Prakashan, 2003, Vol I
24. Venimadhav Shastri Joshi & Narayan Hari Joshi, Ayurvediya shabdakosha, Mumbai, Maharashtra State Sahitya & Sanskrita Mandal, 1968, Vol I & II.
25. Shree Taranath Tark, Vacaspatyam, Varanasi, Chaukhamba Sanskrit Series Office, 1968, Vol I & II.
26. Radha Kanta Deva, shabdakalpadrum, Varanasi, Chaukhamba Bharti Academy, 2002.
27. Shivram Apte, sanskrita-hindi kosha, Delhi, Motilal Banarsidas Publishers, 1997.
28. M.M. Pandit sivadatta Dahimatha Amarakosha of Amarasimha with the commentry vyakhuasudha or Ramasrami of Bhanuji Dikshita, Chaukhamba Pratisthan, Delhi, 2002.
29. Vd. V. B. Mhaisakar, Srotovidnyana, Gujarat Ayurveda University, Jamnagar.
30. Lakshmidhar Dwiwedi, Ayurved ke moola siddhanta aura unaki upadeyata, Varanasi, Chaukhamba Krishnadasa Academy, 1990, Vol I & II.
31. B. K. Mahajan, Methods of Biostatics, New Delhi, Jaypee Brothers Medical Publishers Pvt. Ltd, 1999.
32. Sarpotdar Sachin Bhor, Ila Santosh Bhor, Research Methodology & Medical Statistics, Pune, Manakarnika Publications, 2006.