Leech application in various surgico – medical diseases has been reported from time to time from various researchers from all corners of the world. Leech Application to host for approximately 30 to 45 minutes and its almost painless . There must be something which make leech bite site anaesthetise. This fact can be used for small and superficial surgical procedures so we decided to check this fact on Abscess . Aims -To demonstrate Anaesthetic activity of Leech application Objective - To demonstrate management of Bahya Vidradhi ( Abscess) By Ayurvedic procedure Bhedan karma Methods And materials - Leech Application Was carried out on Abscess which was Located on postero lateral aspect of Neck of 6 month yr old child who was Unfit for general anaesthesia. Bhedan Karma At the site Of leech Application Subsequent Vrankarma Hiruda Manillensis Aka Buffalo Leech Was used For leech Application Conclusion - Leech can be very well used for anesthesia purpose for small superficial conditions like Incision and drainage of abscess. It is simple affordable and easy way of giving anesthesia It can be used where other forms of anesthesia are contraindicated With this leech anesthesia Hospital stay is less patients can be treated on Opd basis and can be discharged after few hours after procedure, Leech therapy is very effective in managing Vidradhi (Abscess)
2. Harsfalvi J et al. calin from Hirudo Medicinalis an inhibitor of Von villerband factor binding to collagen under static and collagen conditions Blood 1995; 85 :705 – 711
3. Baskova IP et al.Protine profiling of medicinal leech Salivary gland secretion by Proteomic Analytical methods. Biochemistry (Moscow) 2004; 69:770-775
4. Elliot EJ. Morphology Of Chemosensory organs Journal of Morphology 1987;192; 181-187
5. Keim A. Sudy on the host speciality of the medicinal blood leech Hirudo medicinalis L. Parasitol.Res.1993; 79:225-232.
6. Shastri Ambikadatta, Sushrutsamhita , sutrasthan, Chaukhamba Surbharati Prakashan, Varanasi , reprint 2017 , chapter 13; 43 -46
7. Shastri Ambikadatta, Sushrutsamhita , sutrasthan, Chaukhamba Surbharati Prakashan, Varanasi , reprint 2017 , chapter 25;104 -105
8. Shastri Ambikadatta, Sushrutsamhita , Chikitsasthan, Chaukhamba Surbharati Prakashan, Varanasi , reprint 2017 , chapter 16; 76 -78