PCOS is a systemic , endocrinal and metabolic disorder.In the present days westernization, the sedentary lifestyle and westernized food habits adopted hae contributed to the progression of PCOS among genetically susceptible ones. It is genetic disorder find during adolescence having symptoms of menstrual irregularities, infertility, hirsutism, acne, hair loss, insulin resistance, hyperandrogenaemia, central obesity. Ayurvedic Indian Medicine mainly aims at the treatment of the diseases as well as maintenance of the health. Treatment of PCOS as per contemporary science includes hormonal supplements majority of which they themselves are not spread of the adverse effect. Ayurvda has best result on PCOS, here attempt has been made to work on the efficacy of Shunthyadi yaga along with conceptualising the disease PCOS in an Ayurvedic perspective.
2. Nidhi R, Padmalatha v, nagarathna R,Amritanshu R. Prevalence of Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome In Indian adolescents:223 – 7
3. Gynaecology – Robert W Shaw, david luesley , Ash monga edition. 4: 256.
4. Charaka Samhita,yadavji trikaji editor. 1st ed. Varanasi: Chaukhambha Sanskrit Prakashana; Sutrasthana,2011.23/4-6.p.122.
5. Charaka Samhita ,yadavaji trikamji , editor. 1st edition Varanasi : Chaukhambha Sanskrit Sansthan, Vimansthana.2011.5/16.p.251.
6. Charaka Samhita ,yadavaji trikamji , editor. 1st edition Varanasi : Chaukhambha Sanskrit Sansthan; 2005 :28.
7. Madhava. Madhava nidana 9madhukosh commentary 0 part 2.Upadhyaya Yadunandan, editor.1st edition Varanasi: Chaukhamba Prakashan; 2005;28.
8. Sushruta Samhita . Yadavaji Trikamji,editor. 1st ed. Varanasi : Chaukhambha Sanskrit Sansthana; Sutrasthana 2010.5/12. P.70.
9. Devyani SSA. Clinical efficacy of Ayurveda treatment regimen on subinfertility with Poly Cystic Ovarian Syndrome. Ayu.2010; 31(1) : 24-27.
10. Prof K. R. Srikanta Murthy, Astanga Hrudaya, of vagbhata, Choukhambha Krishnananda Academy, Varanasi volume-1, 6th edition,2009,PP:361.
11. Anna moreshwara Kunte and Krishna Ramachandra Shastri Navare – Astanga Hrudayam with commentaries Sarvanga Sundari and Ayurveda Rasayana, Choukhambha Surbharathi Prakashana, 2007,PP:627
12. Nidhi R, padmalatha V, Nagaratha R, Ram A, Effect of holistic yoga program on glucose metabolism and blood lipid levels in adolescent girls with polycystic ovary syndrome. International journal of Gynaecology and obstetrics, 2012 Jul; 118(1): 37- 41.
13. P.V. Sharma,Dravyaguna vignana, Reprint Edition, Choukhamba Bharathi Academy,Varanasi, 2006.