Musculoskeletal conditions affect people of all age groups in all regions of the world. According to the global burden disease report ,musculoskeletal disorders are an increasing healthcare issue and have become the second most common cause of disability .Musculoskeletal conditions are characterized by pain, limitations in mobility and functional ability which restrict a persons ability to work and participate in society which in turn affects mental well being as well. According to the data by WHO 20-30% of people across the globe live with a painful musculoskeletal condition. In this study an attempt has been made to explain the how Basti chikitsa breaks pathogenesis of the management of musculoskeletal disorders(vatavyadhi). MATERIALS AND METHOD- The whole review was carried out on the basis available literary material includes Brihatrayee, Laghutrayee, Ayurvedic classics, related topics from modern texts, available resources from the internet. RESULT-Basti plays very important role in the musculoskeletal disorders. DISCUSSION- Nidan sevan includes excessive use of dry ,cold, less and light diet ,excessive coitus etc all these factors leads to vitiation of vata mainly but can be associated with pitta and kapha also. This vitiated vata reaches to srotatas and manifests localized or MSD. Vata is mainly located in the large intestine .purisha dhara kala the colon membrane is related to asthi dhara kala. So basti is very effective in musculoskeletal disorder (vata vyadhi).
2. Trikamji Y. Editor, sushruta samhita with Nibandhsangrah first edition, Varanasi chaukhambha Sanskrit santahan 2012 p. 261-270.
3. Tripathi B. Madhavnidanam Madhukoshatika by vijayrakshita and srikanthdatta, vol.I Varanasi chaukhambha surbharti prakashan 2012 p. 551.
4. Trikamji Y.Editor, charak samhita Ayurveda dipika first edition, Varanasi, chaukhambha surbhati pratishathan, 2006 p.115.
5. Trikamji Y.Editor, charak samhita Ayurveda dipika first edition, Varanasi, chaukhambha surbhati pratishathan, 2006 p-619
6. Trikamji Y.Editor, sushruta samhita with Nibandhsangrah first edition , Varanasi, chaukhambha Sanskrit santahan 2012 p.526.
7. Trikamji Y.Editor, charak samhita Ayurveda dipika. first edition , Varanasi, chaukhambha surbhati pratishathan, 2006 p.620, 621, 624, 625.
8. Trikamji Y.Editor, sushruta samhita with Nibandhsangrah first edition , Varanasi, chaukhambha Sanskrit santahan 2012 p.420, 422.