Hridroga ( heart disease/ cardiovascular disease) is most common disease in present era, due to stress and sedentary life style. Cardiovascular disease discussed in Ayurveda under hridroga. Hridroga are one such disorder which has contributed heavily to mortality rate worldwide young adults. Hridroga is one of the life style disorder . Panchkarma is the five biopurifacatory procedure of Ayurveda plays a pivotal role in the management of life style disorder. Panchkarma can be practicised in all condition according to rogibala and rogiavastha, so there is a need to practice panchkrama. According to classics in medical situation like hridroga, so than panchkarma can be justified as modality of management in various severe medical condition in preventive and curative aspects. The first amongst the panchkarma is vamankarma. It is to be known that vamankarma is generally contraindicated in hridroga. However in classics it is mentioned that vamankarma as modility of management of vataj hridroga.
2. Sushruta samhita , chikitsa sthan vaman virechan vyapad chikitsa adhya 33/4, hindi commentary by shastri shambhunath pandey 2nd edi. Krishndas academy Varanasi 1985 page no. 448
3. Agnivesh chraka samhitadridhbala, kalpasthan, mhakalpdhya , with chakrapanidatta acharya y. T. Edi. Ayurved dipika , commentary reprint edi. Varansi chaukhamba orientalia 2011
4. Astang sangrah vaghbhat translated chaukhamba orientalia Varanasi prof. K.r. shrikrishan murthy fifth edi. 1995
5. Agnivesh charak dridhbal , charak samhita tasyshitiya adhya 6/19,20 hindi commentary by shri pandit kashinath shashtri 18th edition chaukhamba bharti academy Varanasi 1992, page no. 1021
6. Sushruta samhita , chikitsa sthan vaman virechan vyapad chikitsa adhya 33/4, hindi commentary by shastri shambhunath pandey 2nd edi. Krishndas academy Varanasi 1985 page no. 449
7. Agnivesh chraka samhita with chakrapanidatta acharya vidyotini. Edi. Ayurved dipika , commentary by vd. Kashinasth shastri chaukhamba Sanskrit sansthan ,varranasi sutrasthan 17, verse no.6 page no. 330.
8. Vaghbhat astang hridayam with arundata sarvangsundar hindi commentary by dr. Anna morehwar kunte, chaukhamba Sanskrit pratisthan , vranasi reprint 2006 chikitsa stahn chapter 8
9. Sushruta samhita with dalhan nibandhsanghrah hindi commentary by dr. Kaviraj yaavji trikamji acharya, chaukhamba orientalia 8th edition 2005 , uttartantra chapter 43
10. Charak samhita English translated by pv Sharma charak samhita chikitsa stahn edi. Reprint 2008 varansi chaukhamba orientalia1981 page no. 430
11. Sushruta samhita eng trans by k. C. Bhishgranta chaukhamba sankrit vol.3rd uttartantra chapter 43 ed. Third 1981.