Pregnancy and parenthood are amongst the most exciting events in the life of an individual women. In conception of pregnancy, egg (ova) and sperm cells unite to form a zygote. This zygot implant into uterus give rise to a fetus. In Ayurveda, this depends on various factors such as Ritu Kshetra Ambu Beeja Atma Manas Kaala shadbhavas. The Pancha maha bhootas and Tridoshas play a very important role in the formation of Grabha, due to their effect garbha shall obtain certain good /bad qualities. . To remove the impurities of body method of shodhana is useful. Appropriate diet (Pathya ahara vihara )of mother during pregnancy is necessary for a healthy progeny.
2. Sushrutha, Sushruta samhita, Nibandhasangraha commentary of sri Dalhanacharya edited by Acharya yadavji trikamaji, choukhambha surabharati prakashan, Varanasi, 2008, shareera shthana, 2nd chapter, 33rd shloka.
3. Harihar Prasad Tripathi. Editor. Harita Samhita.Tritiya sthana 49/1, 2, 3, Chaukhamba Krishnadas Academy, Varanasi; 2009.
4. Charaka. Charaka Samhita. Pt.Rajeswara Datta Shastri, Editor. Sharirasthana 8/32, Chaukhambha Bharati Academy, Varanasi,Reprinted 2011.
5. DC Dutta’s Textbook of Obstetrics, pg- 116, 8th edition, Jaypee Brothers Medical Publishers (P) Ltd.
6. Ayurvediya Prasuti Tantra evam Stree Ro- ga part I by Prof. (Km.)Premvati Tewari, Pg- 65-66, Reprint 2007, Chaukhamba Orientalia, Varanasi.
7. Vaghbhatt. Astanga Sangraha. Atrideva Gupta. Editor, Sharirasthana 03/3-9 Vol. I & II, Chaukhamba Krishnadas Academy, Varanasi; Printed 2005.
8. Shodhan Karanewala, Sanskrut Hindi kosh ,Vaman Apate, Motilal Ba- narasidas Publisher, P.No.1031.
9. Ayurvediya Aushadikaran Part I, Dhamankar –Puranik ,Dhootpapeshwar Publication, 2nd edition, Page No.103.
10. Gupta K. Gradual Development of Ahara Kalpana in Brihattrayi. International Journal of Pharmaceutical & Biological Archive. 2014 Aug 14; 5(2).
11. Agnivesha, charaka samhita with Ayurveda deepika commentary by Chakrapanidatta, edited by Vaidya yadavaji trikamaji acharya, chaukhamba surbharti prakashan, Varanasi, reprinted in 2014, chikitsa sthana, 30th chapter, 39th shloka.