This article deals with the concept of Anukta Dravya and ‘Dravya Pariksha Vidhi’. Dravya Pariksha Vidhi plays an important role in the field of Dravyaguna. It is basically the study methodology described regarding a new drug. An attempt is made to understand the each point mentioned under Dravya Pariksha Vidhi thoroughly and understand their importance in case of drug study. The biggest advantage of applying this method is that, we could find Ayurvedic attributes like Rasapanchaka, gunas, etc. for a totally new drug and thus, facilitate its use in Ayurvedic therapeutics. It was also observed that it is quite similar to the Pharmacognostic study method for natural drug and thus, it can be concluded that, studying a new drug by combing both methods would be more beneficial for the acceptance of new drug.
2. Monika Agarwal, Makhan Lal, Anukta Dravya, let them not remain anukta (undocumented): a review, J of Ayurveda and Hol Med (JAHM). 2017;5(6): 47-51
3. Ibidem Charaka Samhita (2) Sustra sthana, chapter 1, verse no. 120;
4. Katewa SS et al., “Traditional uses of plant biodiversity from Aravalli hills of Rajasthan”; Indian Journal of Traditional Knowledge, 2003; 2(1): 27-39
5. Bhattacharjee SK. “Handbook of Medicinal Plants”; Pointer Publishers, Jaipur. 2001
6. Medicinal flora of certain districts in Uttar Pradesh, CCRIMH, New Delhi, 1973
7. Katewa SS et al., “Traditional uses of plant biodiversity from Aravalli hills of Rajasthan”; Indian Journal of Traditional Knowledge, 2003; 2(1): 27-39
8. Sharma PV, Sharma GP. “Dhanavantari Nighantu”; Chowkhambha Orientalia, Varanasi. 1998
9. Sharma PV, “Namarupajnanam”, Satyapriya Prakashana, Varanasi. 2000
10. Sharma PV, “Namarupajnanam”, Satyapriya Prakashana, Varanasi. 2000
11. Ibidem Charaka Samhita (2), Sutra sthana, chapter 1, verse no. 12,
12. Dr. J.L.N. Shastri, edited, “Illustrated Dravyaguna Vigyana”, Vol.1; 3rd edition; Published by Chaukhambha Orientalia, 2008.
13. Dr. S.C. Dhyani, edited, “Rasa-Panchaka”, 3rd edition, Varanasi, published by Chaukhambha Orientalia, 2008
14. Vd. Gogate V.M. “Dravyagunavidnyan”, Vaidyamitra prakashana, 2008; 100-115
15. Vd. Shastri Ambikadatta, edited “Sushruta Samhita”, chapter 46, verse no 331, Varanasi, published by Choukhambha Prakashana; reprinted 2009.
16. Yadavaji Trikamaji (editor). Commentary: Ayurveda Deepika of Chakrapani on Charaka Samhita of Charaka, kalpa sthana, chapter 1, verse no. 10, Vranasi: Chowkhambha Sanskrit Series; 2006;
17. Ibidem Charaka Samhita (17) Kalpa sthana, chapter 1, verse no. 11
21. Pooja S. Dabhade, An Insight into Charakokta Dravya Pariksha Vidhi and its Applicability. Int J Ayu Pharm Chem 2017: 7(1); 111-120 [eISSN 2350-0204]